Reception Area and Classroom Etiquette
1. Smoking IS NOT PERMITTED in the reception area or classroom.
2. Horseplay, foul language or other disruptive behavior is not appropriate dancer behavior and WILL NOT be tolerated. This policy applies to each person entering Jewels Dance.
3. Please keep all areas, including reception area, classroom and locker area neat and clean. Please dispose of all trash and containers properly. Gum, candy and soda are not permitted. Food is permitted only outside the studio. Food of any kind is not permitted anywhere inside the studio.
4. Students may bring a water bottle in to class. It must be a container that has a lid and can be closed tightly. Cups or bottles without lids will not be permitted.
5. Strollers are welcome in the reception area but are not permitted in the classroom. As it is a small area, please be respectful of the other parents/dancers/families around you.
Class Attire-Dress Code
All students attending Jewels Dance are expected to adhere to the dress code designated for each class in which they participate.
3-4 year-olds, combo class: light pink or raspberry
5-7 year-olds: orchid
7-10 year-olds: black
PeeWee: 4 to 6/Minis: 6 to 9: orchid or black
Levels 2 through 4: black
Boys Attire: white shirt with black pants
Overly ornamented leotards are not permitted. Convertible/transition tights can be used as full-foot tights or worn at the ankle to allow use of feet. T-shirts should be worn to class as cover-ups but are not permitted in class. Proper dance shoes are required. Hair must be secured off the neck at all times. Buns are preferred for all classes except hip hop and gymnastics and REQUIRED for ALL ballet/lyrical/jazz/tap classes. Hair for hip hop and gymnastics classes is a low pony. Staff is not responsible for students’ belongings. Jewelry is not permitted and should be left at home.
If, on the day of ballet class, any other genre classes are scheduled, black tights are to be worn. NO exceptions.
1. Ballet classes:Age/Company level solid color leotard with black tights, pink split sole ballet shoes and ballet skirts.
Hair MUST be up in a bun and tightly secured. Either footed or transition tights are acceptable, but must be black.
2. Gymnastics classes: Age/Company level solid color leotard and tan convertible/transition tights (no footed tights), with black Jewels dancer shorts, and black split sole jazz shoes. Half-shirts are not permitted.
3. Tap: Age/Company level solid color leotard and tan convertible/footed tights, black Jewels dancer shorts and black tap shoes. For safety purposes, this footwear MUST be purchased from either Jewels Dance or a reputable dance retail store. Please see front desk for more details.
4. Modern: Age/Company level solid color leotard and tan convertible/transition tights (no shoes). Dance paws required.
5. Hip-Hop: Girls: Black leotard with dancer shorts or skort, or black Jewels Dance practice outfit, black jazz shoes.
Boys: Black hip-hop pants, white tank or t-shirt, black jazz shoes/dance sneakers
6. Boys Attire: White or black shirt with black dance pants. For ballet, must have black ballet shoes; for tap, must have proper black tap shoes (please see front desk for more details); for jazz, must have black split sole jazz shoes or dance sneakers.
1. Students should arrive promptly to class. Consistent attendance is imperative for proper training. Excessive absences and tardiness can hold back the entire class. If your child is more than 10 minutes late for a class, your child may be asked to observe the class in order to prevent possible injury.
2. If a student will be tardy or absent from class, please notify the front desk at 561-901-9035.
3. It is the responsibility of the student to make-up any missed classes and learn previously taught material. All make-up classes must be completed by March 1st.
1. Observation weeks are the first week of November and the first week of March. Observers are invited to observe class in its entirety. Please arrive promptly.
2. Cellular phones and pagers should be turned off during classroom observation. Cameras and video recorders are welcome.
3. Dancers are permitted two observers each. We discourage bringing small children to observation. If you do bring small children, we ask that they not be allowed to run or play during the class.
4. While in the reception area, please remain relatively quiet in order to allow students to concentrate and focus on the material being taught.
1. Students are dismissed into the reception area and are not permitted to leave the studio until a parent or guardian has come in to get them.
2. Students should be picked up on time.
3. Please note that students will not be chaperoned after class.
4. Only parents or legal guardians are permitted to pick up students unless prior arrangements are made.
1. Jewels Dance will close if the Palm Beach County School District closes due to inclement weather. Please watch the local news for these closings or check our website: www.jewelsdance.com.
2. There will be no refunds for classes missed due to inclement weather. Please arrange through the front desk to participate in another class to make-up for the class(es) missed. Again, make-up classes must be completed by March 1st.
1. All tuition payments are due promptly on the first day of each session.
2. A $25.00 late fee is assessed for any payment not received by the 10th day following the beginning of each session.
3. Tuition is due on time even if your child is not attending class during the week payment is due.
4. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, debit card or personal check. AUTO PAYMENT FORMS ARE AVAILABLE. Please make checks payable to Jewels Dance.
5. Payments may be made at the front desk or may be mailed to: Jewels Dance, 8210 Glades Road, Suite C,
Boca Raton, FL 33434
6. A $45.00 fee is assessed for all returned checks.
7. REGISTRATION, TUITION AND COSTUME FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
8. If you decide not to continue with classes, you must notify Jewels Dance IN WRITING before tuition is due for the next session. Otherwise, Jewels Dance will assume you will be returning and you will be billed accordingly.
9. All accounts must be made current before April 1st in order for your child to participate in recital.
10. Legal action will be taken for all accounts 60 days past due. All fees associated with legal action will be the responsibility of the billing party.
1. Jewels Dance Company and HipHop Company: Each costume for these dancers is handmade and designed with material ordered separately, therefore, the fees for these costumes will be determined as the costumes are determined. Tights for company members must be purchased separately and must be Capezio brand for competition and recital.
2. Recreational costume fees are as follows: child sizes: $105.00 per costume, teen: sizes: $115.00 per costume. This includes one pair of tights. Please see the schedule of fees for due dates on costume fees. Students are measured in class prior to ordering.
3. Costumes will not be ordered for students whose payment has not been received before November 1st
4. Costumes ordered late (after November 1st) will incur additional shipping expenses and a possible late fee from the costume company.
5. For younger students, when measuring, we will take growth into account and order accordingly.
6. Costume fees are non-refundable.
1. Dress rehearsal is scheduled for the first Thursday and Friday of June. ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY. Each family will be provided with a precise schedule in Mid-April.
2. Dress rehearsal will run from 3:00pm to 8:00pm. Students are free to leave after they have finished rehearsing their last dance.
3. All students must be chaperoned, but please limit to one parent/chaperone per dancer.
1. Dance Recital is scheduled for the first weekend in June. It is held at Olympic Heights High School.
2. You will be notified before January 1st, which day or days your child will be performing.
3. All students will receive a trophy at the finale of recital.
4. All dancers must have the Jewels Dance Annual Recital t-shirt in order to participate in the finale at Recital.
Communication between the studio and home is of the utmost importance to us. We have two primary ways of communicating with our dance families.
1. All important information is provided in the form of handouts that are available at the front desk. It is the responsibility of the parent to COME IN to the studio and check with the desk weekly for any important updates and information.
2. We require each family to provide an email address. All important updates are sent via email. We STRONGLY encourage you to check your email regularly as a means of staying updated on current information and changes that occur within the studio, scheduling, competitions and with regard to any other pertinent information.
3. All Company families will receive a binder at the beginning of the dance season with all the current need-to-knows for that year already enclosed. Please utilize this as a tool for your “go-to” information when you have a question. It is very likely you will find the answer there. These “need-to-knows” will be updated as needed and provided to you and we encourage you to place these in this binder as well.
4. A great source of information is our website: www.jewelsdance.org
5. We make EVERY effort to keep every family informed. Please help us in this effort by coming in to the studio to check for new handouts at the front desk when you pick up your child from class and by checking your email on a regular basis. We thank you in advance for your cooperation on this most important point.
Please sign at bottom, tear off and submit to the front desk. Thank you.
I have read and understand the methods of communication for Jewels Dance.
I understand it is my responsibility to check the front desk weekly for handouts and updates and to check my email on a regular basis for any other pertinent information.
I have received a Company binder and have read and understand the information contained within it.
Please print names, then sign and date.
Dancer’s Name(s): _____________________ DOB: ______________________
Parent’s Name(s): ____________________________________________________
Signature: _________________________________ Date: __________________
Contact #’s: ________________________________________________________
Email address: ______________________________________________________